K9-GTS Integrating Timing System
The K9-GTS Product is a integrated timing System with multi IR beam sender / receiver wireless gates, that can time athletes/dog trial/horse jumping and any timing requiring a single timed individual or animal though timing gate.
- Product Overview
- Product Features
- Package Types & Costs
- Product Gallery
K9GTS Product Overview
The K9-Gate Timer System is can be used for many timing events such as dog agility trial, Motor sports , speed training , Riding events, Athletic Events
The K9-GTS Controller Console and System supports:
- Up to 6 active RF encrypted Wireless gates on the system
- Type 1 Gates are 1.3meter high with Multi IR Beams
- Type 2 Gates are single / Dual IR Beam units
- Support for 2 active Rf Wireless Handswitch for manual start/ stop/clear time as an accurate stopwatch and for special event usage.
- RF Collar ID – when worn , allows automatic unique tracking ID for each trial / run for statically review though the K9-GTS system log.
- Calculation of speed and split time speed information is done when course distance is entered.
- Large database of run times details for events are kept per run for review
- Large LED Display scoreboard option ( Pending) .
Key Advantages Of K9 Console over a Laptop/Tablet/Mobile Platforms Timing
Other timing systems can require you to purchase or dedicate a Laptop / Tablet or Mobile to use their Timing system, This approach has many pitfalls apart from the traditional cost of the Laptop / Tablet or Mobile Phone over a specifically designed Timing Console as the K9 Controller
K9 Controller has the advantages of
- No Additional cost to start to use the system to get going
- No virus issues ever
- No need to reconfigure software running in background which can effect timing / interruptions / other users changes to programs.
- No high battery Power use over long trials that can last 8 hours or more on event days , most laptops cant last that long with full screen brightness
- No Display Screen issues in direct sunlight
- Dedicated keyboard for the events , no keyboard overlays to use
- No RF distance problems with K9 controller , as a computer/tablet/mobile phones require Bluetooth to interface to the Timing Gate equipment , which has range problems greater than 15 meters as all have different range ability, non ever work at 50 meters or more.
These issues are why i designed the system not to use a laptop/tablet / mobile ph as the key timing device for a timing system
The K9-GTS system has unique features that provide many options for sports and animal Trial and Training Event timing. System horn sound option at key start/ stop/ countdown points allowing for combinations of events notifications.
There are 5 key parts the K9-GTS system which allow for accurate and flexible timing of the events
- K9-GTS Controller – the main timing device and core recorder of the events,linked Via Encrypted Wireless communication
- IR Timing Gates – combination IR Beam trigger and RF Wireless system to communicate to K9-GTS controller. 10 Sensor – Type1 , Single / Dual -Type2
- K9-GTS Handswitch – RF wireless hand controller that can stat/stop/ reset and have specific uses in events where is required
- Collar ID – The device is enclosed into a collar or wrist / arm band and notifies the system of unique code , that is added to records automatically when ever crossing the the beam of the gates , it allows for specific tracking within the records
- Large LED Scoreboard ( pending ) – Is to be developed using RF wireless communication support for when a large display is required for event
K9 Controller Console
- Supports up to 6 active RF Gates
- Support up to 2 active RF Handswitch Units
- Encrypted 16 RF channels , 2.4ghz (able to use in UK,USA Europe, Australia) available for Gates and Handswitch uses
- 2 Horn system outputs – Relay type and PA sound output
- 12 Events specific programs with active development of additional features
- Inbuilt LIon Battery recharge system using Mini USB connection
- Included 3400mAh high quality performance Made in Japan Panasonic Batteries ( certified )
- Comprehensive battery Monitoring system for all gates, Handswitch on system
- Previous Times , fastest/slowest /avg times /split time records for each event up to 1024 records stored per event
- Accurate High precision Timing Clock ( TCXO) base for 1/100th p/sec timing
- Real Time Clock/ Date function inbuilt
- RF remote Scoreboard Display support( pending)
- Selectable as Handswitch unit 1 or 2 allows easy change of program event features used for the handswitch
- Multi Mode event selection feature to allow several event specific option at same time .
- Large and firm feedback , long use custom Membrane switches
- Inbuilt finder , Unit On reminder / battery monitor
- Support 16 RF channels
- Inbuilt re charger and rechargeable battery Option via Mini USB port
- USB port or RF Configuration of Features
- 100 meter range Rf communication to K9 Controller Console
- 24 hours battery life( under constant Use) before recharge, 72hours if non charge battery Used
- 10 sensor pole – 1.2 meter ir curtain – so no need to keep changing for shorter /higher detection height, removes any chance of missed beam breaks and no realignment required due to change of height .
- Avoids Re-alignment or missed triggers of a single beam gate for dogs this is why most clubs avoid single sensor gates. The Full light curtain photo-sensors ensure the leading part of the dog is reliably and accurately detected – even with variations in dog jumping and running styles.
- 100m RF communications range unit ( line of sight to K9-GTS Controller)
- High quality 3400mAH – made in Japan Panasonic Batteries Supplied
- IR-RX – Active Sensor selection and blocking Options for selective trigger
- Builtin Charging system
- RF and USB configuration options
- Water resistant housing and Power Switch
- Interchangeable battery packs
- Optical separation min 1m -15meters ( dependent on IR-TX mode set)
- Timed index multi send communications protocol over RF channel
- 16 RF ch select options
- IR-TX – Normal / High power mode – reduces battery usage when optic separation is not large
- Low Power Monitor system and alarm
- Long battery usage before recharge
- IR-RX – 50 hours continue use and when aligned
- IR-TX – 14 Hours High power / 28 hours Normal power continue uses
Single /Dual Beam Gates
Currently under development the gates allow for single and duel beam operation . With optical distance IR POWER selection option of normal power (1-5meter) and high power (5-15meter)
This will allow a lower cost entry point than the type 1 gates ,where single / dual beams would suit rather than multi beam gates , where the beam break alignment would not require a height changes per run.
Using a rechargeable battery able to operate at 24 hours continues use, before charging, battery monitoring levels , mutli Rf channels
Packages all include the K9 controller, so advance features are available using the type 2 gates.
Other Details on Product are
- Developed and manufactured in Australia
- Warranty for 12 months on product hardware ( refer warranty exclusion details).
- All Rechargeable batteries supplied , No high ongoing usage costs – Supplied with high quality and performance Made in Japan Panasonic Batteries for IR gates and K9-GTS controller.
- Includes international 6 port , High current (6A) USB rapid charger and High quality USB cables for the Type1 gate poles , K9-GTS controller ( depends on Sales Package options)
- Pole Carry bag and 4 stands , Stand accessories
- K9 Controller carry case with custom designed EVA Foam
There are three different package types and additional optional available for the K9-GTS.
- Package 1: Base System
- Package 2: Base System + 2nd Gate Pole
- Package 3: Single Beam Gates
- Additional Options